I'll Call Your Homecoming, and Raise You a Cancellation...

Hooray! Fuck. Hooray! Fuck...

My son Evan is now scheduled to return to the States (from a 15-month tour of duty in Iraq) on October 18. So motherfucking happy... Army personnel on rotation from combat operations receive a week-long debriefing, and are then released from active duty for a month-long leave. After the holiday, reassignment. If all goes as promised, Evan will be deployed Stateside. So motherfucking thrilled...

One major related disappointment - my tour with Alexei Borisov and Anton Nikkila was supposed to have begun in Helsinki on October 24.

With Evan excused from duty on the 25th, well, unavoidable and seemingly insurmountable difficulties ensue. No need to elaborate - I simply can't be half a world away when he leaves Fort Farm Fuckhole in Kansas...

We were gonna go to the Ukraine! To Tallinn, Estonia! To Moscow, St. Petersburg, Yaroslavl, maybe a few other towns... Shit! I haven't been there since August 2005; I miss the East and Scandinavia so much...

Paternal instincts utterly overpower my wanderlust. I must stand with Evan.

There might be some sort of workaround possible, but at this juncture...

Fuck... Hooray! Fuck... Hooray!

TS

Comments

Unknown said…
Glad to hear he's coming back.

But what timing! How incosiderate of him and the U.S. Military!

Kidding, obviously. I may, for the most part, have shitty taste in music, but I'm not that stupid.

Thought I'd drop a line, say hey. I have been reading, just kinda been lurking. Haven't downlaoded much, 'cause I didn't check this for a bit, and I fell way behind on all the stuff you put up.

Hope all can be taken care of!

Cheers!
Andrew
ommyth said…
Hello Andrew,

I've been done no disservice. I can always re-schedule the tour with Alexei, but there are certain moments in life one prefers not to miss. I'm not even certain of the date I'll be able to meet Evan (it might now be two weeks after his arrival), but I'd rather err on the side of caution...

Best, As Ever,

TS

Popular Posts