Terry Fox - Berlino / Rallentando (1988)

I love this album. There. I've spilled my guts.

Interested? Hype yourself. I'm just gonna give you the goods.

Terry Fox - Berlino / Rallentando

(1988, Apollo Records AR 088807 LP.)

Availability: out of print.



Side 1

Berlino

(A compilation of prerecorded tapes of found sounds and three different piano wire instruments, a kind of aural geography of the Berlin Wall; recorded in San Francisco, Liège, and Berlin between 1978-88.)

Side 2

Rallentando

(Three piano wires, attached at one end to a metal radiator and to a wall and stairwell at the other, two cellos and a double bass; recorded live at Het Apollohuis, Eindhoven, Aug. 13, 1988.)

Created, performed and produced by Terry Fox.

--

(88.8 MB, ripped at 320 kbps from the original vinyl, compressed to RAR.)

Get it here.

--

String it out for all it's worth, then reel it in.

Absolve yourself.

Buy more string...

TS

Comments

eric said…
Stunning! Gettin strung up has never been this good. Always wanted to hear this -- sure I coulda tracked down a release somewhere before, and now surely will. All about the string. Thanks for posting this, Tom.
ommyth said…
Hello Eric,

I'm fairly scrupulous about cross-checking the Nets for current release versions of albums I decide to post, but I've found no new reconfiguration or reissue of this wonderful recording... The rarities stockists are bound to have a few copies lying about - I hope you have a successful search!

Best,

TS

Popular Posts