So Jealous!

Just off the phone with Andrew Who-Knows... On Monday he was a guest on Jonesy's Jukebox! It's probably my age and everything, but I would have flipped the fuck out. I'm not nostalgic for 1976, the Pistols, etc., but as one who's listened to "Satellite" maybe 60 billion times, Christ, I would have stammered like a leukemia-stricken middle school chicklet at a Children's Miracle Network luncheon for Jessie McCartney... AWK was kind enough to namecheck Don Fleming and yours truly on-air; yes, we saw Sex Pistols in Atlanta in 1978, and marveled at how uncomfortable they appeared to be, how untogether their sound was, etc. Their APOCALYPTIC attitude more than compensated, and I exaggerate not one fucking whit...

Anyhow, score another goal for Andrew. Steve Jones played "Vagabond," my favorite of AWK's brace of '05 compositions... I'm sure that the more recent version (with DF co-producing) will skin everyone alive...

Best,

STD

Comments

Spaulding said…
Hello!

The interview Andrew W.K. did on Jonesy's Jukebox, as well as an mp3 of Andrew's new song "Vagabond," are available at www.awkshare.com - if anyone's interested.

"Vagabond" is totally different from anything Andrew has done before. His voice sounds great, and, yeah, once the song is all fancied up by Andrew and Mr. Fleming it's going to blow your minds!

Apparently, Andrew will be doing some sort of double-release, too. According to people who claim to have attended his recent "Who Knows?" DVD screenings/performances, he's releasing one of the albums in Japan/Around the World and the other in the States simultaneously. Then a few months later he's going to swap the albums.

Insane! (If true...) We've been given a tentative range of late April - early May.

Andrew's web site lacks a lot of "hard news" about his progress and the album(s) itself/themselves. Any word on a U.S. label yet, Tom?

Think he's going to be able to publicize this thing enough before its release? All's quiet on the western front...
ommyth said…
Not too sure about release specifics and Stateside label options for AWK. When we spoke yesterday, Andy mentioned that he might fly down for my birthday party. If he makes it, and he allows to give me an unclassified bit of info, I'll happily pass it along...

Re "Vagabond": when I first heard it (sometime in mid-2005) I was blown away. It will only get better from here...

Best,

Tom
Spaulding said…
That'd be really cool of you, Tom. Thanks.
Anonymous said…
Happy Birthday, Om...

I owe you 50 lashes with the whip.

smooches!

Popular Posts