Report from Disgruntled HQ

Can't even begin to express my feelings. So much foul shit swirling around. My life is fine, but others, loved ones... It pains me endlessly. On the phone yesterday to Ben Wolcott I barely knew what I was saying...

On a less apocalyptic note, the final Noon mixdown/transfer is scheduled for the 18th in NYC. Don and AWK will helm the operation. Inching closer, my children...

Had a confab last night with GK re Smack Shire release sked: Dave Phillips, Nandor Nevai, late '05. Both should appeal to the usual disaffected base, but we'd like to skew farther afield. Won't you please join our crusade?

Posting more of the archival stuff promised in September; recent additions include the "Waste Management" series I penned in 1990-91 for Miami alt-newsweekly Antenna...

Loving Play UK's 2002 documentary The Punk Years. I'm up to episode nine of the ten-part history, and despite the usual time constraints, the necessary compressions and puzzling omissions, it's a fucking treat. (No Hank Rollins interviews!)

Here's a flash from episode six, "Typical Girls":



The Slits' legacy looms larger than almost anyone's, non?

---

Anyhow, I'm off to the university. Continuous updates, etc.

Best,

Tom

Comments

ommyth said…
We were tossing around some pretty retarded ideas for future releases... The majority were squashed by GK, and likely with good reason. Still, I hate to think we're becoming stilted. (To date, I believe we've been consistent in tone.)

Our only impediments are budgetary. (Distribution could be a lot better as well.)

Many releases planned, but whether or not they'll come to fruition is uncertain.

Eventually we have to turn a (modest) profit or we're doomed.

Best,

TS
ommyth said…
Pretty sure TSSR's solid through summer '06, but even nutjobs need roofs over their heads...

Thanks again for yr coolness, B.

TS
ommyth said…
Hello B.,

Nah, I was tethered to SatCom Control in GA; we had a few conference calls yesterday, however. The boys worked quite late; word from both DF and AWK is promising. As requested, my vocal parts were erased and replaced with new ones recorded last week by the dude from the Killers. Rilly looking forward!!

Best,

TS

Popular Posts